Active Transportation (AT) contributes to safer, healthier and stronger communities. Increased investments in and awareness of AT is linked to improved health and well-being, community and social engagement, economic growth and environmental sustainability.
This fact sheet provides an overview of:
- What Active Transportation means
- How AT imroves Physical and Mental Health
- The benefits of Built and Natural Environments
- How AT enhances Quality of Life
- How AT spurs Economic Development
- How AT supports Safer Communities
- How AT Increases Equity and Access
- How you can Take Action!