The Healthy Community Partnership project (HCP) builds on KidActive's commitment to the value of multi sector collaboration.
Health is defined by more than access to our health care system. Our health starts in our homes, community, schools, work and in our playgrounds, parks, trails and local natural environment.
Our 'Building Healthy Community' document sets the stage for a multi-sector collaborative that will focus on the health of our communities, recognizing the need for:
- healthy environments
- health equity
- higher quality of life for all residents
- vibrant and active communities
Effective communication, co-ordination and action are directly contributing to this collaboration. With a comprehensive community picture and ongoing engagement, the HCP will continue to:
- set local priorities
- establish recommendations for increased public awareness
- contribute to multi sector healthy policy development
- co-ordinate planning and action
This project is made possible thanks to funding from the Healthy Promotion division of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.