This workshop includes knowledge-sharing, evidence and research that supports the value of risky play and unstructured play in education, recreation, parks, community centres, after-school programs and spaces.
2016/2017 Workshops include the communities of:
- North Bay
- Parry Sound
- and others, to be announced
CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS SITE FOR EVENT DATES AND REGISTRATION LINKS
Who should attend?
Multi sector stakeholders committed to healthy child development and environments that support outdoor play and risky play. Sectors include: education, recreation, health and well-being, mental health, social services, research, youth, planning, municipal.
- increased knowledge of evidence based practice and research to support outdoor play
- improved understanding of language related to risky play—liability, hazards, risk and duty of care
- skill development to implement risk benefit analysis and risk assessment systems
- increased knowledge and evidence base to shift towards an outdoor, risky, unstructured and nature play-based culture
- identify emerging and innovative approaches to system change
- increased knowledge and navigation of multi sector policies
- explore collaborative knowledge building principles and methods
- build a connected network of partners and evidence-based resources
Presented by KidActive
**Space is limited! Register by May 20, 2016**
For more information or questions, please contact Susan Patterson via email at email@example.com